Posted Feb 08
It’s that time of year when the fresh sprouts of fraud emerge from your composting private information. One of the best ways to nip fraud in the bud is to overcome your embarrassment and turn in people who rip you off. Here is the best place to do that, when it comes to your Federal Taxes:
But how do you tell for sure? As I reported back in August, here is a short list of things IRS will not do.
- Angrily demand immediate payment over the phone, nor will the agency call about taxes owed without first having mailed you a bill.
- Threaten to bring in local police or other law-enforcement groups to have you arrested for not paying.
- Demand that you pay taxes without giving you the opportunity to question or appeal the amount they say you owe.
- Require you to use a specific payment method for your taxes, such as a prepaid debit card.
- Ask for credit or debit card numbers over the phone.
Your Constructive Comments are Welcome!